Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 5 Antworten
und wurde 655 mal aufgerufen
 Vorstellungen der Mitglieder
Fox Offline

23.10.2023 16:21
Hallo aus Amerika Zitat · Antworten

Hallo. Mein Name ist Fox und ich komme von der Ostküste der Vereinigten Staaten. Ich entschuldige mich im Voraus für meine schlechte Grammatik. Da ich eine Übersetzungssoftware verwende, klingt das vielleicht etwas seltsam. Für den Fall, dass es zu Verwirrungen kommt, belasse ich beide Exemplare. (Ich habe keine Regel dagegen gesehen, verstehe aber, wenn es nicht erlaubt ist.)

Warum, fragen Sie sich vielleicht, tritt ein Nicht-Deutsch-Sprecher diesem Forum bei? Meine Frau begann mit der Herstellung von Miniaturen und ich dachte, es wäre schön, wenn wir beide an einem Projekt arbeiten könnten. Sie ist Künstlerin und ich Ingenieurin. Ich sagte, wenn sie eine Stadt gründen würde, würde ich einen Zug durch sie fahren lassen. Dann habe ich über winzige RC-Autos in der kleinen Stadt nachgedacht! Was wäre, wenn sie automatisiert wären?! Meine Recherchen haben mir schnell gezeigt, dass, wenn ich auf eine Quelle mit sehr nützlichem und fundiertem Fachwissen zu diesen Themen stoßen würde, diese niemals amerikanisch, vielleicht japanisch, aber fast immer deutsch sein würde!
Ich hatte kleine Systeme mit Ketten für Dioramen gesehen, die Modelle herumschleppen, und fand es zu einfach, wollte den Fahrzeugen Entscheidungsfreiheit geben und schwor, mein eigenes System zu entwickeln. Als ich zufällig auf das Faller-System stieß und feststellte, dass es eine Open-Source-Version dessen, was ich tun wollte, nicht nur gab, sondern schon seit über einem Jahrzehnt gab, beschloss ich, dass die Suche nach Informationen zu diesem Thema auf Englisch Zeitverschwendung ist. Vielleicht suche ich nicht genau genug, aber ich kann keinen meiner Landsleute finden, der sich für 1/87 interessiert, es sei denn, es handelt sich um Modelleisenbahnen, und selbst in diesen Fällen scheinen viele Gedanken Jahrzehnte in der Vergangenheit festzustecken.

Ich habe vor, die Suchfunktion intensiv zu nutzen, daher werde ich vielleicht nicht viel posten, aber ich wollte mich zumindest vorstellen und meine Bewunderung dafür zum Ausdruck bringen, wie weit fortgeschritten dieses Hobby über 6000 km entfernt geworden ist! Was ihr alle macht, ist wirklich cool und ich wünschte, es wäre hier beliebter.

Danke schön,
Fox

Hello. My name is Fox and I hail from the east coast of the United States. I apologize in advance for my poor grammar. I'm using translation software so I may sound a bit odd. I'll leave both copies in case there is any confusion. (I did not see a rule against this, but understand if it is not allowed.)

Why then, you may ask, is a non-German speaker joining this forum? My wife started making miniatures and I thought it'd be nice if we could both work on a project. She's an artist and I'm an engineer. I said if she made a town, I would run a train through it. Then I thought about tiny RC cars in the little town! What if they were automated?! My research quickly taught me that if I came across any source of very useful, in-depth expertise on these topics, it would never be American, might be Japanese, but would almost always be German!
I'd seen little systems with chains for dioramas that drag models around and thought it too basic, wanting to give the vehicles agency and vowed to make my own system. When I stumbled upon the Faller system, and realized an open source version of what I wanted to do not only existed, but had for over a decade, I decided searching for information on this topic in English is a waste of time. Perhaps I am not looking hard enough, but I can find none of my countrymen with any interest in 1/87, unless it is model trains, and even in those cases many minds seem stuck decades in the past.

I plan to make heavy use of the search feature, so I may not post much, but at the very least I wanted to introduce myself and express my admiration for how advanced this hobby has become over 6000km away! What you all are doing is really cool and I wish it was more popular here.

Thank you,
Fox

Thomas M Offline

23.10.2023 17:53
#2 RE: Hallo aus Amerika Zitat · Antworten

Dear Fox,

a warm welcome from my side. Your translation is well understandable. But I also think that most here in the forum are able to speak and understand English well. So if you have questions about our models, feel free to ask!

Best regards

Thomas

Gruß aus dem Taunus

Thomas

Theoretiker findet das Top
Fox hat sich bedankt!
Björn L Offline

23.10.2023 18:59
#3 RE: Hallo aus Amerika Zitat · Antworten

Hello Fox,
I have been using the DC Car System for many years. Here is a link to the English language homepage.
Maybe the system is something for you.

http://dc-car.de/wiki_en/index.php?title=Main_Page

There is also a shop in the USA that sells the system.
miniaturemotorworks@gmail.com

Best regads
Björn

----------------------------------------------------
Viele Grüße aus dem Norden

Björn

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS-QU-plI0K0gqP8ssFMyJA
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/bjoerns-shop

Theoretiker findet das Top
Fox hat sich bedankt!
Fox Offline

24.10.2023 06:15
#4 RE: Hallo aus Amerika Zitat · Antworten

Thomas,

If everyone would feel more comfortable if I wrote in English I'll do so, but I admit it seems it would be rude of me to come to a community with an established culture and expect everyone else to change to accomodate me. That said, thank you for offering to do so. I suppose for now I will reply to others as they respond to me.

Björn,
Indeed! I only found it just before going to work, so I haven't read much, but it was helpful to see the specifics of what components are typically used. Thank you!
I'd been growing frustrated trying to find a worm gear set with a 0.5mm bore for my motor, but seeing what components are currently commonly used, I'll probably get a set of those and build at least one DC Car to get experience doing so before attempting to scale down the system. I'm curious how small a DC car internals can be, as I want to model the past. If it can only be as small as a cargo truck, then I'm limited to ~1927 and the introduction of vehicles similar to Mack BJ line trucks. (We plan to style our own vehicles rather than use real ones, but it will likely be similar) If I can shrink certain aspects further, we may start in late 1800s, but only if I can DC Car a wagon, cart or stage coach. (I hope the reins to the animal will work to hide wires!) I will search for this here soon, but for now, I must sleep!

Cheers,
Fox

Thomas M findet das Top
AKKI64 Offline

24.10.2023 10:45
#5 RE: Hallo aus Amerika Zitat · Antworten

Hallo Fox,

ich baue nur RC-Modelle, aber vielleicht interessieren dich meine Umbauten. Ich beschränke mich auf die Periode bis 1933 ( Machtantritt A. Hitlers). Du findest meine Modelle unter AKKI64.

Viele Grüße
Axel

Hello Fox,

I only build RC models, but you might be interested in my conversions. I limit myself to the period up to 1933 (A. Hitler's rise to power). You can find my models under AKKI64.

Best regards
Axel

AKKI64 Offline

24.10.2023 10:55
#6 RE: Hallo aus Amerika Zitat · Antworten

....for example Mack Bulldog.......

Sprung  

disconnected Mikromodell-Chat Mitglieder Online 3
Xobor Xobor Community Software
Datenschutz